Sunday, January 13, 2008

More uses for baking soda than you ever thought possible

Using Baking Soda for BEAUTY, HAIR & BATH

1. Zit Buster! Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply to any breakouts. Let it sit overnight and wash off in the morning - it really works.2. Facial Cleanser Sprinkle some baking soda into your hands and use a bit of water to make a paste to clean your face with. It's a gentle scrub that will leave your skin feeling fantastic! (I leave a box in the bathroom for just this reason.)3. Hair Build-Up Remover (Submitted by Carolyn) After a while you have build-up from shampoo. Next time you wash your hair, Use baking soda. the baking soda strips all build-up and leaves the hair soft and "really" clean.
Using Baking Soda for Household and CLEANING

1. Oven Cleaner Sprinkle baking soda on bottom of oven, and spray with just enough water to slightly dampen. Let sit overnight, and then scrub clean.

2. Carpet Freshener Sprinkle over entire carpet area, and then allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Vaccuum all the baking soda up and the smells will go with it! Great way to replace commercial carpet fresheners.

3. Unclog Drains Pour a cup of baking soda down any drain and follow with a few cups of boiling water to keep drains running well. To unclog a tougher clog, try baking soda, followed by a cup of vinegar - let that sit and then flush out with boiling water.

4. Powder Cleanser Use baking soda instead of powder cleanser to scrub the tub, toilet, etc. Works great! And it's totally safe to use.

5. Scrub Pots Sprinkle into the bottom of pots and let sit and then give a good scrub. Can also make a paste of soda and water if you prefer.

6. Garbage Cans Use in garbage cans to reduce odor. Sprinkle generous amount in bottom before replacing garbage bags.

7. Add to laundry Helps get clothes REALLY clean, and you can reduce the amount of detergent you use. Great for sensitive skin too, or those with allergies.

8. Wash the fridge Use a generous handful of baking soda in a small pail of water and use this to wash out the fridge. Cheaper and more effective than other cleaners, and non-toxic too.

9. Add to dish water Add a small handful to your sinkful of soapy water when doing dishes. It makes both your hands and dishes really clean!

10. Add to dishwasher A generous handful in the dishwasher will get your dishes extra clean.

11. Clean out the dishwasher Run the dishwasher through with baking soda filling both detergent compartments. It will give your dishwasher a thorough cleaning and will help it clean better again.

12. Fabric Softener :I use baking soda in the rinse water of my "cold water washables". It gets all the soap out real good and softens the clothes. I do not use a fabric softener with them.

13. Scented Carpet Freshener :I use baking soda when I vacuum my carpets..but I add scent. I make candles as a hobby and have plenty of scent oil around. Anybody can go to the local craft store and purchase candle scent. Mix a couple of drops in with about a cup of baking soda..mix well (sometimes I sift) and sprinkle on carpets and vacuum. It scents the whole house!

14. Puts out Minor Kitchen Fires : Soda kept near a stove is good in case of a pot fire also, throw baking soda on it and it will snuff it out.

15. Scrub Chopping Boards Use baking soda to clean off chopping boards. It's great at removing garlicky and onion smells.

16. Clean Plastic Containers Use as a scrub to get out nasty stains from your Tupperware or other plastic storage containers.

17. Absorb Fridge Odors Everyone knows this one, but it's because it really works! Put an opened box of baking soda in the fridge and freezer to help absorb nasty fridge odors.

18. Shine Toasters (Submitted by Jude) Sprinkle baking soda on damp cloth (a mild abrasive) and shine the outside of that toaster, toaster oven, etc.

19. Clean Coated Pans (Submitted by Jude) Sprinkle baking soda on damp cloth (a mild abrasive) and use to remove brown grease spots from pots and pans - great for those coated pans.

20. Cleaning Tea Stains (Submitted by Mary Lou) Baking soda is the best for cleaning tea stains out of plastic pitchers.

21. Grease Remover (Submitted by Mary Lou) Baking soda is the best for cleaning grease off your stove top and out of greasy dishes.

22. Add to dishwasher AND good for pipes (Submitted by Mary Lou) When added to your dish water it makes more suds and good for cleaning the pipes out when it goes into septic or sewer system.

23. Cleans RV Exteriors: Sprinkle some baking soda onto a damp cloth and use to gently remove black streaks from the outside of RVs or cars.
Using Baking Soda for PETS

24. Kitty Litter Sprinkle generous amount of baking soda on litter once you've cleaned the litter out. This is the best way to help remove odors from this smelly area, and it won't bother your cats either.

25. Cleans aquariums (Submitted by Connie) Baking soda is a good cleaner for the fish tank removes the dirt, and doesn't scratch the glass.

26. Diaper Pail Sprinkle generously to remove odors and to clean out stinky diaper pails.

27. Natural Deodorant Sprinkle or pat on pure baking soda on your armpits for a natural deodorant.

28. Stinky Shoe Remedy Sprinkle generous amount into sneakers or other shoes to help absorb odors.

29. Cold Sore Remedy Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply to cold sores at least two times a day.

30. Remove Splinters Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the bottom of a bandage, and apply that overnight. In the morning, the splinter should be much easier to remove.

31. Toothpaste Again, make a thick paste and apply to your toothbrush and use as you would any other toothpaste. It's a great non-fluoride option.

32. In the Bath Great for sensitive skin - sprinkle about a half cup of baking soda into lukewarm water while your bath water is running.

33. Antacid Use about a teaspoon in a small cup of water and drink to help reduce acid.

34. Mosquito Bites: Heres something I tried out this summer that worked really well. We had been outside alot and I had gotten a lot of misquito bites on my legs that were itching reallly badly. Mix a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply to the bites (helps if you haven't scratched them yet. In about 1 minute the itching stops and in about one hour the redness and swelling have gone away!! It was wonderful, and I used this remedy the rest of the summer with great results.

35. Once a Month Plaque Remover: I also use a baking soda tooth scrub once a month. It really cleans the plaque off your teeth.

36. Treats Burns: On your list of baking soda tips, you didn't put that it is good for burns.. For example: I had a neighbour come over with a bad deep frying grease burn to his whole hand. I told him to put his hand over the sink. I had made up a liquid paste of baking soda and water, fairly thick and poured it over the hand. I said this will hurt just for the initial time I put it on, then will be ok. I then wrapped it in gauze to protect it and to keep the soda from going all over. He went to Hospital emergency and they checked it saying, who ever did this did the right thing. They just regauzed it. He came and showed me that there was no blistering and no scar later.

4 comments:

williamgold said...

Having herpes Disease is not the end of life,there are treatment to cure herpes disease with the help of Dr Godwin herbal medicine. I have been suffering from this deadly disease called herpes disease (HSV) and i lost hope because I was not myself anymore it was not easy working with herpes disease, i searched online to know and enquirer about cure for herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from herpes, I don't believe it's true, but I decided to give a try to know if it will really work out for me so i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready for me and he sent it to me via FedEx and it got to me in 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) after using the medication for few weeks I started experiencing change inside my body, could you believe as I finish the medication I was totally healed It's really like a dream but i am so happy!that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! You can contact him via drgodwin52@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348158184060

Mary Johnson said...

TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) BY THE GREAT HEALER DOCTOR EHBOS
Hello everyone I am here to testify of the great work Dr Ehbos did in my life with the help of his herbal traditional medicine. I have been suffering from Herpes since 2015 and ever since then I have been looking for solutions on how to cure it. I have being to different hospitals but I discovered none of them was working out for me that I was just wasting money. So I decided to live everything to God, then I was taking my medications to sustain my life and reduce the pains. So on this particular Sunday morning after coming back from service I sat down and begin to ask myself questions, then my phone rang behold it was my sister calling which I answered the call and she started telling me that a friend of hers who has been suffering from same herpes has just been cured by Dr Ehbos the herbal medicine man. Then I was over whelmed, even though I was a little bit confused so she encourage me to also give Dr Ehbos a trial and see for myself then I told her to help me get his contact and forward them to me, So immediately she got the contact of Dr Ehbos and send them to me, immediately I contacted Dr Ehbos and he told me everything I needed to do to enable me get the herbs for my medications and immediately i did that which he instructed me to do without wasting anytime. And here I am today sound and healthy without any symptoms of herpes or any sickness in my body system. And he also told me that there is no sickness on this planet earth that doesn’t have a cure that with the help of herbs he can cure any sickness or disease you can ever think off. So if you are suffering from HERPES or any other sickness or disease and you need a cure you can also contact Dr Ehbos with this Email Address at; drehbos@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348133505254 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony

Joseph Samuel said...

I’m here to testify about what Dr Samuel did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Samuel on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Samuel prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Samuel assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.samuel for help via drsamuel999@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348166600171

Clark sam said...

How I got cured from herpes I thank Dr akhigbe. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr akhigbe on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr akhigbe prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr akhigbe assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.akhigbe for help via drAkhigbe35@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348151244418